View all 993 Jobs
Job vacancy Team Leaders
View all 993 Jobs
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a United States-based non-profit organization dedicated to discovering, and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA designs, rigorously evaluate and refines these solutions and their applications together with decision-makers to ensure that the evidence created is used to improve opportunities for the world’s poor.The Parental Nudges Project (PNP) is a household-level intervention designed to improve school-aged children’s outcomes by engaging parents in their children’s learning. The intervention involved text messages being sent to caregivers in simple English with behavioral “nudges” around engaging with children’s learning generally and during remote learning across grades and ages. The PNP is developed collaboratively by research teams from the University of Pennsylvania, Imperial College London as well as in partnership with Innovations for Poverty Action and Movva Technologies. The PNP is being conducted in 16 districts/municipalities across the 5 northern regions (Northern, North East, Savannah, Upper East, and Upper West) of Ghana.The study will be carried out in 250 communities, reaching 2,500 households (2500 caregivers and 5000 students). The geographic focus will be in the Northern, North East, Savannah, Upper East, and Upper West Regions. The project will conduct a midline survey for assessment across the 5 regions in the northern part of Ghana.IPA is looking to recruit field supervisors on a short-term contract of about 2 months to carry out the Midline Survey on the PNP.Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above field position to work on the PNP.
Team Leaders, Quality Preschool for Ghana (QP4G) Study
The Quality Preschool for Ghana (QP4G) Study is a study being conducted by IPA, Ghana in partnership with researchers at New York University, University of Pennsylvania in the USA, and Imperial College London in the UK. The study seeks to examine the long-term impact of a cost-effective, scalable model of transformational training on children learning outcomes. The QP4G Study also aims to examine how the intervention affects parents’ perceptions of early childhood and parent-child interactions. IPA will be conducting the follow-up survey in selected districts in the Greater Accra and Central Regions of Ghana.
IPA is looking to recruit Team Leaders on a short-term contract of about 2 months to carry out the follow-up survey on the QP4G study.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above field position to work on the QP4G study.
Team Leaders (TLs) will oversee survey field activities including managing a team of Surveyors, tracking field finances, supervising daily survey activities, survey monitoring and writing daily field reports to the Field Supervisor. Team Leaders will also keep records; including survey tracking, surveyor attendance and project expenses. Team Leaders are responsible for maintaining high quality data collection.
- Must have Higher National Diploma (HND), first degree or its equivalent from a reputable institution with at least one-year field / data collection experience.
- Should be familiar with Computer Assisted Interview (CAI) or keen to learn.
- Familiarity with administering interviews using SurveyCTO is an added advantage.
- Experience conducting household and school surveys, including conducting direct assessment of children.
- Experience working on previous rounds of QP4G study will be an added advantage.
- Should be fluent in English.
- Should be fluent and able to translate questionnaire in any of the following languages: Twi, Ewe, Ga- Dangme, and Hausa.
- Should be willing to travel and work in remote communities within the above-mentioned regions.
- Must have leadership skills experience in similar roles with IPA or similar non-IPA projects.
- Note: Trainees who perform best at the surveyor training will be considered for auditor position.
- Education: HND / Degree
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs