View all 995 Jobs
Job vacancy West Africa Enterprise Support Coordinator
View all 995 Jobs
West Africa Enterprise Support Coordinator
Days for Girls is an award-winning NGO that works to shatter stigma and limitations associated with menstruation for improved health, education and livelihood outcomes. In 2020, Days for Girls has reached more than 2 million women and girls in 144 countries on 6 continents with quality, sustainable menstrual care solutions and health education. Days for Girls Ghana’s mission focuses on embedding solutions to challenges created by a lack of access to menstrual health management resources and reproductive health knowledge by partnering with local grassroots organizations and conducting comprehensive training and mentoring programs. This mission is powered by our three-tier model offering locally made, high-quality washable menstrual hygiene kits, reproductive health education training, and women-led enterprise development. Our current priorities include strengthening our manufacturing capacity, and cost efficiencies, supply chain, consistent evaluation, assessment, and refresher training of our manufacturing staff.Our movement has reached more than 2 million girls - and counting in 2020 alone! With your help, we can reach Every Girl. Everywhere. Period.
The West Africa Enterprise Support Coordinator holds a key role in successful implementation of DfG’s Social Enterprise Program at the grassroots level. The Enterprise Support Coordinator makes monthly personal contact with registered DfG Social Entrepreneurs in the West Africa region.
During this monthly personal connection, they assess programmatic and operational strengths and needs, as well as opportunities for future capacity building and support. During this monthly check in, the Enterprise Support Coordinator communicates relevant DfGI and country specific updates, provides training and policy reminders, and gathers information for monthly reports, while providing encouragement and suggestions for improvement. The Enterprise Support Coordinator will maintain accurate records of monthly check ins, and work closely with the Ghana Country Director and Ghana Program Manager to elevate needs and opportunities, which will inform ongoing program development and ensure overall program success, in line with DfG’s Theory of Change.
Description of Responsibilities
Enterprise Training and Support
Supply Chain Support
Enterprise Monthly Reporting
Coordinate Enterprise Kit Orders
- The Enterprise Support Coordinator will possess the following experience and attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work collaboratively, establish and strengthen relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to teach and/or facilitate training among diverse populations.
- Ability to work inclusively and effectively with people across different cultures, backgrounds, education, and experience levels
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in G Suite applications (Gmail, Google Docs) and Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Competency in project and/or relationship software like Salesforce or Trello preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally within the region as needed Experience working in enterprise development or financial inclusion projects Experience working and collaborating with others remotely.
- Track record of experience in successful project management. Experience working in the field of sexual reproductive health, menstrual health management, girls education, and/or women’s empowerment preferred. Ability to work, manage, and collaborate remotely
- Self-motivated, driven, and proactive
- Language proficiency in English, French and other local languages required.
- Experience & Personal Characteristics
- Strong ability to be self-motivated, take initiative and be flexible and adaptable. Work well in a dynamic environment
- A strong problem solver with a focus on operational efficiency Willingness to work flexible hours based on international time zones Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly intercultural communication
- Highly organized and comfortable managing multiple projects and team members.
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment
- Energetic, creative, and resourceful
- Love collaboration, as well as independence and can work well with remote team members and different cultures
- Strong sense of gratitude
- Detail-oriented and conscientious in carrying out responsibilities accurately to completion
- Possess a strong work ethic and operate with a high level of trustworthiness and integrity
- Demonstrated passion for the Days for Girls International mission and desire to make a difference on a global scale.
- Females and french speaking candidates with relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
- Time Commitment and Compensation: This contracting engagement comes with a competitive salary and coverage of approved work-related expenses such as travel within the West Africa Region. Expenses must be approved by the DfGI supervisor before they are incurred.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this contract: While performing the contracted responsibilities, the contractor may be asked to lift packages or supplies up to 15kg.
- Work Authorization:For this engagement, the candidate must be authorized to work in Ghana without sponsorship.
- Education: -:-
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs