View all 995 Jobs
Job vacancy Underground and Surface Driving Trainer (Two Positions)
View all 995 Jobs
Underground and Surface Driving Trainer (Two Positions)
Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
UMA is seeking to employ qualified, experienced and motivated Underground and Surface Driving Trainer to join our Safety Team. This is Obuasi based Fixed Term position with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. Remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The position will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground Health, Safety, Environment & Training while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
Reporting to the EHST Coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for conducting on-the-job training & assessing of Underground Light Vehicle Drivers as well as designing, developing, implementing, maintaining and continuously improving training methods. The incumbents will facilitate hands-on driving with employees behind wheel, monitoring their progress and assisting them to put driving concepts into practice.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian manual driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and has previous experience driving underground.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar position in a Hard Rock Underground Mines
- Possess strong computer skills, with exposure to the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be conversant with the Mining Act and Driving High Code of the Republic of Ghana.
- Must possess valid driving instructor’s license or certification with proven drivers’ instructor experience
- Strong observation and analytical skills, along with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to influence, communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to read and interpret underground and surface mine routes sheets and/or maps
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator
- Ability to work independently to champion training effort to deliver improved consistency and operational capability.
- Ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations.
- Ability to train, coach and mentor light vehicle drivers.
- Must possess a clear driving and criminal record
- Education: License C
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Temporary / Contract | Full Time | 28 Apr, 2021JOB BYJobsinGhana
See all jobs