View all 995 Jobs
Job vacancy National Volunteer (Gender, Climate and Entrepreneurship Advisor)
View all 995 Jobs
National Volunteer (Gender, Climate and Entrepreneurship Advisor)
WUSC (World University Service of Canada) is a Canadian non-profit organization working to create a better world for all young people. We bring together a diverse network of students, volunteers, schools, governments, and businesses who share this vision. Together, we develop solutions in education, economic opportunities, and empowerment to overcome inequality and exclusion for youth around the world, particularly young women and young refugees. WUSC currently works in 25 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America, with an annual budget of approximately CAD $40 million. We have over 90 staff in our Ottawa office, and over 200 people overseas implementing 16 development projects in collaboration with donors such as Global Affairs Canada, the UK Department for International Development (DFID), the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, and the African Development Bank.
WUSC is launching a new program - “Accelerating Women Climate Entrepreneurs” - funded by Global Affairs Canada, focused on addressing barriers and opportunities for women entrepreneurs to start and grow climate-related businesses in Sub-Saharan Africa. This two-year initiative – led by Aga Khan Foundation Canada in consortium with WUSC and the Aspen Network for Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) – will involve consultations with women entrepreneurs, policymakers, intermediaries (e.g., incubators, accelerators) and investors across three target regions, including East, West and Southern Africa. These consultations will be used to generate an evidence base to inform pilot incubation initiatives in selected Sub-Saharan African countries, and develop a roadmap for climate and gender lens investing.
Nature and Scope
The National Volunteer (Gender, Climate and Entrepreneurship Advisor) is to provide support to the Business Development Advisor and project’s Lead Researcher in the implementation of the activities related to the consultations with women entrepreneurs, entrepreneurship intermediaries and stakeholders. The xxx volunteer will also undertake desk research to identify trends in climate-focused women entrepreneurship in Sub-Saharan Africa, and will consolidate research data.
Monitoring and Learning
In collaboration with the other project team members, contribute to the production of quality reports (monthly, half-year and annual) in a timely manner and according to the project
- EducationA Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Agriculture, Natural Resource or related field (completed or ongoing)
- Experience and Competencies
- Primary and secondary research experience;
- Experience gathering and managing research data;
- Demonstrated ability to produce clear and concise documents.
- Excellent skills in cross-cultural and interpersonal communication;
- Commitment to the concepts of Gender Equality;
- Proficiency with technology of information and communication (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet);
- Working experience with international volunteers and experts will be considered an asset;
- Superior oral and written skills required in English;
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs