View all 1120 Jobs
Job vacancy Senior Business Advisor
View all 1120 Jobs
Senior Business Advisor
TechnoServe Inc (http://(www.technoserve.org) is a leader in harnessing the power of the private sector to help people lift themselves out of poverty. A nonprofit organization operating in 29 countries, we work with enterprising men and women in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. By linking people to information, capital and markets, we have helped millions to create lasting prosperity for their families and communities.Founded over 50 years ago, TechnoServe has been named the #1 nonprofit for fighting poverty by the ImpactMatters charity ratings agency.
The Senior Business Advisor will fill the role in an anticipated agricultural project funded by a donor, focusing on the cocoa value chain. The proposed program seeks to build the capacity of cocoa cooperatives to independently source cocoa beans according to the donor’s specifications and principles, and supply beans to other international buyers. TechnoServe will enhance the capacity of the network of supplier cooperatives through customized management support designed to strengthen the financial and business skills of the cooperative leaders, employees, and members.
The Senior Business Advisor will provide capacity building support to cooperative leaders in the program. S/He will provide technical and managerial support needed to the cooperative leaders to ensure excellence in program design and delivery with project partners. The Senior Business Advisor will provide technical and managerial support needed to ensure excellence in program design and delivery with partners throughout the value chain.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business management, Accounting and other relevant fields
- Minimum of 7 - 9 in capacities relating to either agribusiness, marketing, SME development or advisory services
- Deep knowledge of the cocoa industry and its challenges
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability working with teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High levels of cultural sensitivity and strong cross-cultural communication skills
- Ability to develop well-written and cohesive analytical reports
- Travel: Willingness to travel within the country up to 40% of the time
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs