Job vacancy Grants Accountant
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) has been working in Ghana since 1958 in Health, Agriculture, Peace Building, Water and Sanitation, Microfinance and Education programs and has long-standing relationships with Church and non-Church partners and communities throughout the country. CRS/Ghana currently has 61 staff with project offices in Tamale and Accra.Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We are motivated by the Gospel of Jesus Christ to cherish, preserve and uphold the sacredness and dignity of all human life, foster charity and justice, and embody Catholic social and moral teaching as we act to:Promote human development by responding to major emergencies, fighting disease and poverty, and nurturing peaceful and just societies; and,Serve Catholics in the United States as they live their faith in solidarity with their brothers and sisters around the world.
You will help coordinate and contribute to the implementation of grant policies and procedures in compliance with CRS’ established accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You will efficiently perform accounting services through documenting the projects or grants financial transactions by compiling, analyzing, and verifying account information, preparing account entries, and delivering financial reporting services throughout the projects or grants life cycle.
Key Working Relationships
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
- Education and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. A professional certification in Accounting or a related field highly desired. An MBA or Master's degree in business administration, finance, accounting will be an added advantage
- Minimum of five years professional experience in a financial management position of responsibility, preferably with an international or local NGO, or a financial/banking institution.
- Knowledge of the relevant public donor regulations preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications.
- Knowledge of SunSystems financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software highly desired or preferred
- Budgeting and budget management experience required
- Proven ability to analyze reports or issues and to provide appropriate recommendations required
- Personal Skills
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies
- Conscientious, accurate and thorough with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Travel Required: Requires occasional travel up to 20% of the time – Field visits to partners
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Apply for this Job
We are glad to hear your comments about Grants Accountant job vacancy:
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs