View all 742 Jobs
Job vacancy Chief Internal Auditor
View all 742 Jobs
Chief Internal Auditor
The Organisation is a financial services institution with the objective of increasing access to finance for Ghanaian enterprises, particularly small and medium enterprises (SMEs). Our client also provides wholesale financing/lines of credit and partial credit guarantees to eligible financial institutions.initiates project planning, assess risk and develops audit direction. Performs preliminary planning and establishes direction for audits, provides leadership to assigned auditors, manage project to quality outcomes, while meeting established time budget.
Role Functions/ Responsibilities
- Work with the Board and Management to develop the organisation’s internal audit strategy aligned to the overall corporate strategy and regulatory requirements;
- Lead strategy implementation and provide objective assurance over internal control and risk management policies established by the Management; and
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the Board and Management on all internal audit and related issues.
Qualification Requirement & Experience
- Minimum of 15 years’ post-graduation experience in Internal Audit within Financial Services or related sector with at least 8 years in managerial role
- Minimum of a first degree in Fraud/Risk Management, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline.
- A Master’s degree is an advantage
- Relevant professional certification and membership of a recognized professional associations in Ghana or abroad is required
- Experience in providing strategic leadership in internal audit for a financial services or similar organization in a developing economy
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of legal and regulatory environment for the financial sector (e.g.. BoG requirements)
- Evidence of excellent leadership, goal achievement, stakeholder engagement, professionalism, networking, and collaborative skills.
Additional expertise in one or more of the following areas will be an advantage:
- Information Technology
- Strategy and Organisational Design
- Leadership and Human Resource Management o Environmental. Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG).
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs