View all 717 Jobs
Job vacancy SHEQ Manager Needed
View all 717 Jobs
SHEQ Manager Needed
The SHEQ manager oversees the safety, health environment, and quality assurance side of the business, He/She will develop, manage, supervise and coordinate work systems to ensure that the production or services of the company meet the highest quality standards and that the working practices of the company are delivered. An exciting opportunity exists in Voltic Ghana Limited for a SHEQ Manager. Voltic (GH) Limited, has been known for the manufacturing of the leading premium water brand in Ghana for over two decades. Currently, Voltic (GH) Limited has expanded its portfolio to cover Value Added Dairies. This role reports to the Manufacturing Manager and has the SHEQ team reporting into it. The job incumbent will be responsible to manage the total SHEQ function in the relevant plant in order to ensure full compliance with all local, BP and KO requirements related to quality, health, safety and the environment.
Job Functions/ Responsibilities
- ovides project management team with guidance on health and safety and confirm project site fulfills industry, local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Collaborates with management to develop an Emergency Action Plan and serve as primary contact for project site injury and incident notification, investigation, and case management. Maintains a written log of safety inspection activities, reports, and correspondence.
- Guarantees that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals, internal policies and procedures, contract documents, and good engineering practices.
- Provides technical support to project managers.
- Develops and maintains project cost/change controls, and project budget and accounting records.
- Coordinates and monitors schedule updates, invoices, and submittals.
- Reports the status of projects to business and market leaders.
- Participates in team meetings and provides regular on-site project presence.
- Conducts safety meetings, audits, and inspections to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow up assessments.
- Plans, implements, and conducts preventative care, safety, and compliance training programs.
- Being a successful safety manager requires regulatory knowledge, support from all levels of the company, and numerous hard and soft skills. A safety manager must get buy-in for ideas and earn respect from employees to gain their committed to “doing the right thing
- Provide Legislative and regulation advice on all matters relating to Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Management.
- Liaise with registration bodies, customers and suppliers as necessary to resolve problems.
- Responsible for implementing and enforcing an internal Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Management audit schedule.
- Maintain the management system and identify and implement initiatives to improve it including all procedures, processes, safe systems of work, offering support and advice on Risk Assessments, Method statements and COSHH.
- Establish the minimum standard of required by area office representatives, manage and maintain quality training requirements for office representatives.
- Overall responsibility/ authority for all incidents and accident investigations.
- Advise the group on legislative and regulation updates, ensuring all QMS documentation is kept up to date as required.
- And lots more
- Risk assessment/management.
- Administrative policies and procedures.
- EPC industry experience.
- Familiarity with project and department budget process and tools.
- Knowledge of project controls.
- Conceptual planning ability.
- Conflict management and problem-solving skills.
- Leadership ability.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Health, Engineering or related discipline preferred
- Minimum 8 years large scale commercial, government, or industrial project management experience, including at least 4 years management level safety profession experience
- Current certifications in First Aid, CPR, OSHA, 30-hour Construction Safety and Industry Standards plus familiarity with DOE 10 CFR Part 851 highly desirable
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 20 Oct, 2021JOB BYXyCareers Ghana
See all jobs