View all 717 Jobs
Job vacancy Librarian Needed
View all 717 Jobs
BIA Lamplighter College of Education
BIA Lamplighter College of Education is looking for an experienced and self-motivated Librarian to join our team. As a librarian, you will perform a range of duties such as cataloging library resources, maintaining library records, managing budgets and planning book sales.
For this position, you will have to demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills, as a great part of your job will involve interacting with the local community including parents, students, and young children. The ideal candidate should also possess in-depth knowledge of library database systems, as well as excellent communication and organizational skills. A librarian is in charge of collecting, organizing, and issuing library resources such as books, films, and audio files. They work in a range of settings including public libraries, schools, and museums. Their duties include issuing resources, cataloging books, and conducting regular audits for suitably qualified goal-oriented and results driven persons with exceptional qualities for appointment to the following positions
Job Functions/ Responsibilities
- Collect and catalog library resources including books, films, and publications.
- Help people locate reference and leisure reading materials.
- Maintain library records and ensure it is updated.
- Perform regular audits of the information and inventory on file.
- Educate patrons on how to properly search for information using the library databases.
- Manage budgeting, planning, and employee activities.
- Oversee the check-out process for books and other resource materials.
- Organize and host book sales, author signings, and other reading events.
- Clarify the use of library amenities and provide information about library policies.
- Make sure the library meet the needs of precise groups of users including postgraduate students and disabled students.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Applicant must possess postgraduate degree in a Library and Information related field and must have served as Deputy Librarian in a College of Education
- Comparable grade in a similar institution for at least four (4) years.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a public library.
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of library databases.
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal communication skills.ad
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 20 Oct, 2021JOB BYXyCareers Ghana
See all jobs