View all 855 Jobs
Job vacancy Scheduling Engineering
View all 855 Jobs
Newmont Mining Corporation
We are looking for a motivated, dynamic and responsible individual to deliver the short- term weekly and 12-weekly rolling mine plan in accordance with the business plan and the life of mine (LOM) resource/reserve pipeline.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname. Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work. Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
- Are you seeking a role to help create, implement and maintain scheduling engineering processes of an organisation?
- Responsible for the generation of the mining weekly and 12-week rolling plan.
- Consult with the Senior Scheduling Engineer on the creation of the 12-week rolling plan in accordance with the business plan.
- Gather sub departments information to support weekly and 12-week scheduling.
- Responsible for updating the daily dashboard and 7 day rolling reports of mining physicals.
- Ensure that the mining physicals against budget and forecast are tracked and validated for the Subika underground and open pit reporting requirements.
Data Management and Reporting
- Validate data in and run PITRAM reports.
- Generate the weekly plan and 12 week schedule booklets for the production team.
- Generate the end of month production performance reconciliation report.
- Recommend improvement activities to achieve and exceed key performance indicators (KPI’S).
- Investigate and recommend modifications to present operations when more flexible and feasible engineering alternatives could render improvements.
- Design and issue drill and blast plans, remote bogging plans as per the site standard.
- Update on daily basis the sub level shrinkage (SLS) drill and blast register.
- Monitor the draw percentage of SLS rings and backfill compliance to eradicate waste reporting on draw point of SLS rings.
- Chair the daily, weekly and monthly production meeting’s which includes tracking all outstanding tasks.
- Liaise with mine foreman on execution of daily plan which includes underground mine visit weekly prior to commitment meeting.
Safety Health and Environment
- Actively participate and contribute to Newmont’s safety and environmental systems and initiatives.
- Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental practices.
- Identify potential hazards and recommend actions to be appropriately taken.
- Maintain a high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness.
- Raise discussions and resolutions of safety issues at regular meetings.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years’ working experience in an underground mining environment of which 2 years should be in underground mining operational time such as blasting, drilling, haulage and service crew works.
- Experience in ventilation, drill and blast engineering.
- Proficient in the use of the design software (DESWIK).
- Strong computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and MS Project.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Goal oriented.
- Quality oriented.
- Results driven.
- Safety conscious.
- Technically inclined.
- Detail focused.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 9 Dec, 2021JOB BYXyCareers Ghana
See all jobs