View all 1153 Jobs
Job vacancy Communication & Media Coordinator
View all 1153 Jobs
Communication & Media Coordinator
Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crisis and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.We employ more than 9,000 people in programme countries, working with over 85,000 communities. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for almost 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International Ghana is looking for a highly qualified, proactive, motivated and resourceful person to fill the position of a Communication & Media Coordinator
The role of the Communication and Media Coordinator is critical to ensure the visibility of the actions and impact of Plan International Ghana’s work, the role will also support behavior change and community engagement actions.
Dimensions of the Role
Reporting to the Communication Specialist, the Communication & Media Coordinator will be responsible for the implementation of Communication, Information and Media related activities within Programme Impact and Influencing Areas. She/he will be responsible for the internal, external, and social media communications implemented in these areas. S/he will work in close collaboration with Project Managers, Project Teams and implementation partners to ensure close supervision, follow up and reporting of response activities through diversified communication tools and outlets. The Communication and Media Coordinator’s responsibilities will be to maximise positive media coverage and fundraising opportunities and support accountability to key stakeholders as well as development work, in the Programme Area. S/he shall also supervise the quality production of Information Education and Communication materials, and the quality branding of all realizations and activities.
External Liaison and Communications
Internal Liaison and Communications
Visibility and Branding
Media Monitoring and Evaluation
- People Skills: Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and can support and train local and international staff and also able to work with disaster-affected communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
- Communication Skills: Well developed written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of Plan International. This includes effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Integrity: Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to Plan International’s values and humanitarian principles.
- Resilience/Adaptability and flexibility: Ability to operate effectively under extreme circumstances, including stress, high-security risks and harsh living conditions. Works and lives in a flexible, adaptable and resilient manner.
- Awareness and sensitivity of self and others: Demonstrates knowledge and sensitivity to gender and diversity. Have experience and the ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner.
- Work style: Is well planned and organised even within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and skills: knowledge of the Core Humanitarian Standards, knowledge on; general finance, administration, information management/ telecommunication skills and proficiency in information technology/ computer skills.
- Multiple language skills desirable
- Qualification and Technical Competencies University Degree in Journalism, Communication or equivalent experience
- At least 3 – 5 years of experience working in journalism, communications, media, or Public Relations
- Strong understanding of print, radio, television and online media
- Good photography and filming skills;
- Additional technical skills are desirable, including proficiency in Adobe Photoshop or photo-editing software and movie-editing software such as Adobe Premier
- Fluent written and spoken English
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working with or in collaboration with an NGO or UN agency, or equivalent, is preferred.
- Experience as a spokesperson
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to operate effectively in stressful situations, including working overtime.
- Gender awareness and cultural sensitivity.
- Good time management and problem-solving skills.
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to Plan International's values and principles;
- Education: First Degree
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 27 Nov, 2021JOB BYJobsinGhana
- Employee | Full Time | 26 Nov, 2021JOB BYJobsinGhana
See all jobs