View all 810 Jobs
Job vacancy TSF Operator
View all 810 Jobs
AngloGold Ashanti Limited
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance-driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) as TSF Operator. A Test Operator is responsible for testing various electrical and other machinery, components, and tools. They assist engineering and other personnel in the installation, repair, and maintenance of various machinery and must know how to operate certain tools to do so. AngloGold Ashanti (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operates the combined Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a workforce of over 1400, including contractors. The incumbent among other duties will be accountable for welding of HDPE pipes and liners operation submersible sump pumps and provide supervision to tailings deposition as well as diesel operated pumps monitoring
- Conduct pre-start checks of all equipment at the beginning of every shift and ensure to report any defect/deviations to the supervisor
- Implement task work procedure that will ensure environmental compliance
- Ensure effective supervision of tailings deposition in a safe manner
- Carry out operation of submersible sump pumps.
- Carry out coupling and decoupling of HDPE pipes within the area of responsibility
- Carry out drain flow measurements.
- Undertake welding of HDPE pipes and liners
- Conduct daily measurement of pool depth and piezometers
- Implement safe work procedures that will ensure the safe and efficient clearing and desilting of storm water drains and chutes
- Conduct monitoring of diesel operated pumps to ensure conformity
- Minimum qualification of SSCE / WASSCE / GCE ‘O’ Level / NVTI I or II or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience in tailings storage facility
- Ability to use HDPE wedge machine and hands on experience on Poly Welding Machine
- Must be able to report all accidents and incidents, in particular “near misses” and to participate in the investigation process.
- Must be strong and energetic and ability to work for long hours with quality of work as a priority.
- Medical fitness for the position as well as the environment
- Possess valid Ghanaian Driving License and proficiency in driving light vehicle
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs