Job vacancy Offshore Environment, Health, Safety and Security Coordinator
Offshore Environment, Health, Safety and Security Coordinator
Tullow Oil is a leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company primarily focused on Africa and South America with a portfolio of 90 licences across 16 countries.
Since 2006, Tullow has had interests in two licences in offshore Ghana. In 2008, Tullow was appointed as the Jubilee Field Operator and, working with its joint venture partners and the Government of Ghana, went on to achieve first oil in November 2010. The Jubilee field has become Tullow’s key asset generating significant high-margin oil production. Tullow’s second major discovery and subsequent development in Ghana is the TEN fields where first oil was successfully achieved on time and on budget in August 2016.
There are further exploration opportunities for Tullow Ghana including expanding Jubilee to include outlying deep-water reserves. More information can be found here: Ghana BU
The Offshore Environment Health Safety and Security Coordinator (OEHSSC) will be a Tullow Ghana Limited representative on board of the 3rd-party contracted Environment, Health and Safety & Security (EHS & S) with an over-riding decision on the patrol movement and will be responsible for ensuring the protection of the personnel and assets involved in offshore operations and integrity of the FPSO & Exclusion Zones (EZ).
Tullow Ghana Limited (TGL) is seeking to hire an Offshore Environment Health Safety and Security Coordinator (OEHSSC) who will ensure Tullow Health and Safety Policy and rules are embraced and maintained during all aspects of offshore EHS&S operations including;
- Inducting, monitoring and strongly advocating compliance with Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights
- Ensuring safe launch and recovery drills of Fast Rescue Daughter Craft (FRDC)
- Executing the safety of the patrol teams whiles onboard the FRDCs
- Executing that patrol teams are trained to a competent level ideally so that they can operate the FRDCs independently.
- Managing the deployment and movement of daughter craft by maintaining communication with coxswain of daughter craft and advise.
- Intercepting and escorting intruding fishing canoes and vessels out of the Exclusion Zones.
- Monitoring and ensuring readiness of EHS&S vessels and equipment or systems under contract scope to meet performance standards of the vessel.
- Overseeing the continuous training of the ship’s crew on the deployment of Oil Spill and ensuring that response equipment in line with the vessel’s scope of work.
- Ensuring Navigational Safety and monitoring of Marine traffic in TGL operational areas.
You should ideally be an experienced Environment Health and Safety professional with knack for executing offshore security plans, policies, and strategies that includes security of visiting tankers during off-take/lifting operations. You will also be able to demonstrate expertise in the following areas;
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in related field
- Merchant marine officer with a STCW Class 2 Deck Officer certificate
- BOSIET Certificate with HUET certificate
- MIST (Minimum industry Safety Training) certificate
- An advanced qualification in OPITO Fast Rescue Craft (FRC)/RYA power boat OR, STCW Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boat/Survival Craft & Rescue Boats
- A NEBOSH O&G (or equivalent internationally recognized) qualification
- An IMO Level 2 Accredited Oil Spill Response Certificate
- A Marine Mammal Observation.
- A qualified ISPS Ship Security Officer or Port Facility Security Officer (STCW 2010)
- A certificate in Management of Emergencies – Initial Response or equivalent
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To achieve this, we offer our employees:
- A performance-driven culture that generates results.
- A commitment to your personal and professional development.
- A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
- A culture that appreciates diversity & inclusion and provides equal opportunities.
- Recognition and reward for your performance.
Apply for this Job
We are glad to hear your comments about Offshore Environment, Health, Safety and Security Coordinator job vacancy:
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs