Job vacancy Head of Finance
23 Aug, 2019
Head of Finance
A licensed Cocoa Buying Company based in Kumasi seeks to recruit a talented and results-oriented Head of Finance to manage the company's Financial/Accounting Functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations of the company such as payroll, invoicing. supplier payments and other financial transactions.
- Accountable for the coordination and preparation of the company's financial budget on an annual basis and ensure monitoring of all expenditure against the budget for every functional area. This will include district and sectorial budgets.
- Monitor income, expenditure and the monthly bank reconciliation.
- Understand, manage and supervise all aspects of cashflow.
- Ensure internal & cost management controls are in place and all aspects of internal controls are adhered to.
- Follow up on all audit findings (internal and external) are addressed and ensure acceptable practices and procedures are maintained.
- Ensure the co-ordination of the statutory audit, year in year out and resolve all possible queries.
- Supervising release of funds to Districts for purchase of cocoa and ensuring proper utilisation or funds. Sending weekly, monthly and annual reports on funds released and utilisation in acceptable format to management and directors.
- Ensure zero outstanding field balances at all districts.
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement.
- Continuous validation of information submitted for reporting purposes with respective stakeholders and reporting discrepancies and variances against the functional and overall budget.
- Oversee financial department employees, including financial assistants and accountants.
- Seek out measures for minimizing financial risk to the company.
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports.
- Present financial reports to management, board of directors and other stakeholders in formal meetings.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company.
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Ensure efficient tax planning and filling with the appropriate tax authority, as well as ensure all tax regulations within the company are following established standards.
- Responsible for following up on all financial transactions and ensuring tasks are completed on schedule.
- Review and approve statutory returns and payments to the government.
- Supervise and ensure that all tax liabilities are closely monitored and get remitted to the Revenue Authority as per the applicable law.
Qualification Required & Experience
- A First Degree in Accounting or related Field and Chartered Member of CA, ACCA, CIMA,CFA or similar qualification
- A master's degree in accounting or any other business-related field from any recognized university will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7-10 years relevant work experience, of which at least years should be cocoa buying sector.
- Proven experience in cocoa industry, associated value chains, cocoa farming communities and working with various segments of the sector.
- Experience in leading teams in a previous capacity.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate advance level of knowledge of financial and budgeting systems and practices Innovation.
- A good appreciation and understanding of the operational value drivers of internal cocoa marketing activities.
- Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty.
- In-depth understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Strategic planning and management experience
- Must have strong analytical, communication (both written and oral) research skills and pays attention to detail.
- Team player-ability to work closely with all stakeholders.
31 Aug, 2019
Share this job offer
Close to Okponglo Ecobank branch, East Legon, Accra, Kumasi
Apply for this Job
Unfortunately this job vacancy expired.
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs