View all 1134 Jobs
Job vacancy IT Manager
View all 1134 Jobs
IT Manager to lead all IT-related issues related to USAID-funded project.
The Feed the Future Ghana Trade and Investment (GTI) Activity was initiated December 1, 2021, and will run for 5 years. The activity will work closely with public and private sector stakeholders to improve the enabling environment for Ghana’s economic growth by (1) facilitating growth in export-oriented trade; (2) improving and developing product standards; (3) catalyzing investments in private enterprises related to high-value commercial crops; (4) promoting job creation, particularly among women and youth; (5) promoting economic diversification; and (6) increasing foreign exchange revenues from high-value export crops. GTI will facilitate investing in firms that trade goods across borders, spur innovation, and build the capacity of the entire trade sector.
The IT Specialist will report to the Finance and Administrative Director and will be responsible for providing IT and network support to the GTI project team.
Location and Reporting:
The IT Specialist will be based in Accra, Ghana, and report to the Finance and Administrative Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering or related field;
- At least 5-7 years of professional IT management experience;
- Demonstrated experience in IT help desk, setting up the server and IT system, and providing general IT start-up support for a new donor- project; experience with USAID as a client will be an asset;
- Experience in Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Knowledge of Cisco network hardware and software;
- Sound knowledge of network LAN, WAN, computer software, hardware and security infrastructure;
- Sound knowledge in IP telephony, Firewall, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 R2, Active Directory, MS SQL, Microsoft Office Suite, MS Exchange, antivirus software;
- Good at Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet, Email;
- Discretion and maturity of judgment are required;
- Ability to communicate technical/ICT concepts to non-technical staff;
- Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and be flexible;
- Able to handle confidential information appropriately;
- Discretion, trustworthiness, team work, independent, deadline-oriented and proactive.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs