Job vacancy Senior Field Officer: Escaping Poverty project
Senior Field Officer: Escaping Poverty project
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA), is an international non-profit research organization. Based in New Haven, CT, with offices in Washington, D.C. and worldwide, IPA works with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches to solving development problems, to communicate “what works” in development and to scale up successful projects in a variety of fields, including health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture. IPA has been in Ghana since 2008, and it is now one of IPA’s largest country offices, with a permanent team of more than 50 staff managing and supporting 30 active research projects.
Reports to: Implementation Associate
Office Base: Tamale, Northern Region
Project Location: Ashanti Region
Length of Commitment: 12 months
Desired start date: 2nd September 2019
Job Code: SFO-EP-09082019
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Senior Field Officer (SFO) to work on the Escaping Poverty project in Ashanti region. The candidate will be expected to work in four districts: Sekyere South, Afigya Kwabre, Offinso North and Offinso Municipal.
The Senior Field Officer will support the Implementation Associate or Research Coordinator in implementation activities in the assigned region or district.
The Senior Field Officer will perform the following responsibilities:
- Support the roll-out of various components of project implementation activities
- Participate in workshops, training, and other technical support for partner organization staff
- Carry out informed accompaniments with Field Agents and other implementation staff to witness community/HHs level visit
- Carry out back checking of Field Agents to confirm HHs receiving regular visits
- Support all implementation activities; Assets transfer, Training etc.
- Develop weekly work plan and submit weekly and monthly monitoring reports to SFM
- Report to Research Coordinator/Implementation Associate
- Relate very well with EP Partners and other stakeholders
- Troubleshoot implementation challenges on different project components
- Communicate all logistics needs and challenges facing implementation to RC or IA
- Perform other work-related duties that may be assigned.
- Preferred Location of Applicant:
- The applicant should be a resident in one of the following project districts: Sekyere South, Afigya Kwabre, Offinso North or Municipal, or be willing to move to any of these districts at his/her own cost, and stay there for the entire duration of employment.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have a minimum of HND, Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a reputable institution with at least one year
- Implementation/data collection experience;
- Should be fluent in English
- Should be fluent and able to translate responses in Twi. Fluency in any of the Northern Languages is a plus.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs