Job vacancy Administrative Assistant
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a United States-based non-profit organization dedicated to discovering, and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA designs, rigorously evaluates, and refines these solutions and their applications together with decision-makers to ensure that the evidence created is used to improve opportunities for the world’s poor.
Desired start date: October 1, 2019
Employment Duration: 2 years
Job code: FOG-AAT-19082019
IPA Ghana seeks a qualified Administrative Assistant to be based in the Tamale office. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Operations Coordinator based in Accra.
In particular, the Administrative Assistant will perform the following tasks:
- Assist the Tamale Office Manager in the running of office operations
- Welcome visitors to the office and manage the IPA Tamale office phone
- Supervise and train Office Assistant and cleaners.
- Coordinate the filling and submission of replicon timesheet for cleaners.
- Arrange transport and accommodation for visitors and traveling staff
- Periodically assist the Human Resource Associate / Tamale Office Manager to recruit short term staff for projects in Tamale.
- File documents as directed and required.
- Manage IPA Tamale the inventory system
- Provide logistical and administrative support to project teams as and when required
- Manage petty cash.
- Purchase stationaries, office and cleaning supplies.
- Handle office repairs and maintenance
- Coordinate logistics for staff meetings, conferences, office lunch and other fun activities
- Provide regular updates to the Operations Coordinator.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned
- Support all procurement related activities relating to processing of requests and collection of invoices for the Tamale office and projects in the Tamale and Northern Ghana.
- Review documents for completeness and accuracy, follow up on discrepancies with the initiating project team and identify available suppliers for each requisitioned item
- Update staff on procurement request
- Support Procurement Associate in procurement duties.
- Correspond with vendors regarding prices, product availability and delivery
- Coordinate with project teams to monitor performance of vendors
- Ensure that goods purchased are to specification in terms of quality, quantity and delivery and to advise on those suppliers who fail to meet specifications
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of an HND in Accounting, HND Purchasing & Supply or related field;
- Good working knowledge of Excel and Word;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of procurement and financial information;
- Ability to comply with standard practices, regulations and statutes;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English;
- Good time management and interpersonal skills;
- Well organized and willing to learn;
- Attention to detail.
Apply for this Job
We are glad to hear your comments about Administrative Assistant job vacancy:
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs