Job vacancy Nurse Assistant – Clinical (Enrolled Nurses)
Nurse Assistant – Clinical (Enrolled Nurses)
USAID Strengthening the Continuum of Care Project, JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc.
JSI is implementing the recently extended USAID Strengthening the Care Continuum Project in Ghana The goal of this extension is to allow Care Continuum to expand existing support to the Government of Ghana (GOG) and to accelerate Ghana's progress in attaining the 90-90-90 UNAIDS goal by achieving epidemic control in one high HIV disease burdened region by scaling up evidence based interventions. Activities will include active case finding of persons living with HIV (PLHIV) in Western Region (WR), putting and retaining them on treatment, and ensuring they are virally suppressed. The activity will be funded by USAID through the USA President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through September 2020.
This is a full-time position that will be based in districts in Western Region, Ghana. The role of the Nurse Assistant - Clinical (Enrolled Nurses) will be to act as project liaisons /focal points in specific Ghana Health Service (GHS) ART facilities and collaborate with personnel there to provide quality and comprehensive HIV services for PLHIVs (including KPs), by actively managing successful community referrals, and ensuring their linkage to the desired facility-based care and treatment services.
The main objective of the Nurse Assistant –Clinical is to provide professional health and nursing care to PLHIV by contributing to their regular care and maintenance, as well as participating in all HIV care and related programs undertaken by the health facility.
The successful applicants will be deployed at various health facilities offering ART services in the various districts (Ahanta West, Ellembele, Jomoro, Nzema East, Prestea- Huni Valley, Kwesimintim, Sekondi Takoradi Metro, Shama, Tarkwa-Nsueam Municipal, Wassa Amenfi East and Wassa Amenfi West) of the Western Region. Candidates resident in the designated districts will have an advantage.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Community Health Nurse Certificate (Clinical). Knowledge of Ghana Health Service HIV AIDS activities will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of ART services, prevention of mother to child transmission (PMTCT), reproductive health, maternal and child health (MCH), and HIV prevention is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of quality assurance issues
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Ability to initiate and maintain clear, concise documentation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Western Region language abilities and cultural awareness will be useful
- Computer literate (Word, excel, power point)
- The post holder must at all times:
- Work in accordance with the GHS/NMC Code of Professional Conduct and Disciplinary Procedure.
- Strictly adhere to the provisions of the Patient’s Charter.
- Monitor own performance against agreed objectives and standards
- Attend in-service training to upgrade skills and knowledge to provide quality care to clients.
- Keep Log of own performance and in-service training log for purposes of appraisal.
- Education: Certificate
Apply for this Job
We are glad to hear your comments about Nurse Assistant – Clinical (Enrolled Nurses) job vacancy:
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs