Job vacancy General Manager
The General Manager will be responsible for overseeing all daily operations of the Company and implementing the operational and commercial plans of company.
The General Manager will also be responsible for driving profitability and strategic goals of the Company through increased productivity, technical support to systems/ controls, and improvement in manufacturing processes.
- Develop annual strategies to drive growth and profitability.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Prepare and submit plans and annual operational budgets for approval, manage effectively within this budget and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
- Continuously implement strategies that align with objectives and provide a clear sense of direction with respect to achieving the defined goals and objectives.
- Monitor results and strategies of competitors in preparing future plans and strategies.
- Ensure adequacy and appropriateness of production processes and institute appropriate production schedules to meet market demand.
- Ensure maximum utilization of plant and human resources.
- Ensure quality standards by implementing systems and procedures that guarantee consistent production of quality outputs.
- Increase production and asset utilization while minimizing waste and costs without compromising quality standards.
- Ensure all production costs (fixed and variable) are well managed within budget.
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts.
People and facility management
- Provide clear direction and leadership to the entire company and drive improved performance through staff capacity development, excellent people management and performance management.
- Build a trusting relationship with the entire workforce.
- Address employees’ issues or grievances to ensure a satisfied workforce.
- Commit to plant safety procedures.
- Continuously influence and learn from below.
Relationship Management & Reporting
- Maintain regular contact with all heads of departments and employees of the company and provide regular reports to all key stakeholders.
- Maintain contact with the Board of Directors, regulators, and clients and meet reporting timelines.
- A 10 to 15 years’ experience in a senior management role in a manufacturing company. Prior experience working in FMCG sector will be a strong asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Engineering, or related field
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (strategic planning, budgeting, resource allocation and human resource management).
- Knowledge of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and ERP Systems.
- Coping with pressure: ability to cope with work, time and people pressures.
- Detail orientation: ability to pay attention to, be concerned with, or analyze details without getting bogged down.
- Reliability: ability to deliver on commitments made to others.
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of achieving results with minimal supervision.
Apply for this Job
We are glad to hear your comments about General Manager job vacancy:
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 9 Oct, 2019JOB BYLabor Power Recruitment and Staffing Solutions Ltd
See all jobs