Job vacancy Analytical Chemist
Commodity Warehousing Limited (CWL) based in the Tema Free Zone is a private service provider in the agricultural sector of Ghana and specialises in pesticide residue analyses of agricultural food crops and commodities. CWL is searching for an experienced Laboratory Manager and 3 Analytical Chemists for the analysis of mainly cocoa beans.
The staff can test and assess the samples independently with the use of the newest GC-MS MS and LC-MS Ms TQ technologies available on the market.
Job Title: Analytical Chemist
- This job will support analytical method development, validation and analytical activities under ISO 17025 conditions as part of the CWL Laboratory Services. The candidate will work closely with other laboratory scientists during the development and testing of raw cocoa beans and other agricultural commodities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Carries out sampling, sample reception storage and coding, milling, extraction, ensures to comply to safety and quality assurance standards, able to work with targets in relation to all agricultural commodities sampled and analysed in an accurate manner
- Able to work effectively in a team in a quality oriented laboratory environment to meet company objectives and commitments
- Able to write qualitative and analytical report
- Has to use and troubleshoot analytical instruments, especially LCMS MS and adhere to maintenance planning schedules
Qualification Required & Experience
- At least an HND / Degree or preferably a Bachelor's Degree in Analytical Chemistry or related sciences and must have 2 to 5 years lab experience
- Extensive working knowledge of LC-MS MS and HPLc techniques and preferably also GC-MS MS experience
- Working knowledge of relevant software, Chemstation and LIMS system
- Wet chemistry experience (extractions techniques, QuEChERS).
- Analytical experience in pesticide analysis in organic and food matrixes, methods and process validation, protocols SOPs, reporting and ISO 17025 standard
How to Apply
Apply for this job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs