Job vacancy Finance and Operations Assistant
Finance and Operations Assistant
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a leader in global health, is a non-profit public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a leader in global health, is non-profit public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
JSI has submitted an application to USAID to implement an HIV and AIDS project in the Western Region of Ghana. If awarded, the goal of this project will be to provide support the Government of Ghana (GOG) and to accelerate Ghana's progress in attaining the 90-90-90 UNAIDS targets by achieving epidemic control in one high HIV burdened region by scaling up evidence-based interventions. Activities will include active case finding of persons living with HIV (PLHIV) in the Western Region (WR), putting and retaining them on treatment, and ensuring they are virally suppressed. The potential project, if awarded, is expected to be funded by the US President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through USAID beginning in October 2019.
JSI seeks to recruit the following position: Finance and Operations Assistant
Reports to: Senior Finance and Compliance Manager
The FOA is responsible for assisting the FOin processing and maintaining the field accounting system, coordinating and supervising drivers and other support staff, this is a full-time position that will be based in Takoradi, Ghana. S/he will be in charge of the major responsibilities stated below. S/he will report to the Senior Finance and Compliance Manager
Responsibilities and Duties
The Finance & Operations Assistant will be responsible for the updating of statutory payments, supporting programmatic and Technical field activities by assisting with administrative activities at workshops; meetings etc. this supports include the following:
- Make sure Non CSCost share mobilization is up to date. For example, cost shares for GHS staff both in the community and facilities are collected and submitted to the Finance Manager. S/he is to support the Finance Manager to collect all Cost Shares
- Submit and pay for statutory deduction appropriate bodies
- SSNIT Tier 1
- Pension Fund Tier 2
- PAYE Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA)
- Withholding Tax tGRA
- Make sure all withholding tax certificate are collected and distributed tall vendors and entities in a timely manner
- Liaise with the Finance and Operations Officer to make sure all VAT Relief Purchase Orders (VRPO) certificate are collected and distributed tall vendors and entities
- Will be responsible for photocopying of all finance documents including payment vouchers on weekly basis.
- Provide support for all programs training/workshops/meetings on the field and in office with following details in mind
- Assist with participant’s attendance registration
- Prepare mobile money payment documentation and send finance Manager for review and upload then submits to Deputy Chef of
- Party for approval of transaction
- Coordinate finance and logistic support on the field during training/workshops/meetings
- In charge of managing filing systems of the finance office
- Support the FOtdispatch the monthly field office pouch tHome office
- Collate all Utility bills (Light, Water, Newspaper, Telephone) for review and processing
- Any other duty as may be assigned by your supervisor, and Director of Finance and Operations
Required Skills or Experience
- College certificate in Accounting or have a diploma from a professional course in accounting or financial management.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a financial/administrative officer, preferably with a US Government-funded project.
- Experience working with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel) as well as QuickBooks accounting software and excellent English writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team and with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in supervision of support staff;
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and supervisory skills;
- Excellent written and verbal English skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with an international NGO preferred;
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
Apply for this Job
We are glad to hear your comments about Finance and Operations Assistant job vacancy:
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 4 Oct, 2019JOB BYXyCareers Ghana
- Employee | Full Time | 18 Sep, 2019JOB BYXyCareers Ghana
See all jobs