Job vacancy Senior Industrial Relations Office
16 Sep, 2019
Senior Industrial Relations Office
- Actively promote Safety and Hazard awareness.
- Act as a change agent and support HR change management processes.
- Contribute to the maintenance of harmonious industrial relations environment.
- Investigate disciplinary and grievance cases.
- Champion grievances and disciplinary hearings to ensure procedural fairness in applying the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Serve as a committee secretary in hearings when required.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationship with government agencies, authorities, employee associations, employees and management.
- Support the development of IR policies and procedures and advice where applicable to ensure compliance with Labour Act 2003 (Act 651) and, other relevant legislations.
- Provide expert support to management on trade union activities including salary and condition of service negotiations.
- Maintain good relationships within the organization by implementing excellent communication tools and systems to solicit employees' inputs and opinions.
- Advise line management and employees on best practices to managing conflict, employee discipline, grievances and performance improvement management
- Represent and articulate the Company’s views before the Labour Commission and other ADR appearance.
- Identify and anticipate areas of potential conflicts and support the development of strategies to allay these conflicts and labour actions.
- Develop and train subordinates to ensure efficient performance of duties
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial Psychology or Social Sciences.
- Professional certification or membership; (CIPD, SHRM, SPHR, HRMP).
- Postgraduate qualification in Employee/Industrial Relations or Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) will be an added advantage
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar position within the mining industry
- Excellent knowledge of the principles and practices of good industrial relations, Labour Act, Labour Regulations, Workman Compensation and Holiday Act.
- Good investigative, analytical, problem-solving and information- gathering skills
- Sound negotiating, mediation, conflict resolution, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint Applications.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with good defensive driving skills.
- A proven successful track record of leading teams and managing people.
High degree of flexibility, diplomacy, respect for confidentiality and strong work ethic
30 Sep, 2019
Share this job offer
Apply for this Job
Unfortunately this job vacancy expired.
We are glad to hear your comments about Senior Industrial Relations Office job vacancy:
Loading please wait...
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs