View all 984 Jobs
- Job Search
- Field Assistants
Job vacancy Field Assistants
View all 984 Jobs
The Aquaya Institute (Aquaya) is a non-profit research and consulting organization dedicated to expanding safe water and sanitation access in developing countries through science and innovation. Supported by the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, the five-year (2021-2026) Hilton Foundation Africa Water Quality Testing Fellowship Program aims, among other things, to collect water quality monitoring data from households, schools, and healthcare facilities in seven focal districts throughout Ethiopia, Ghana, and Uganda. This will provide a strong evidence base and inform strategies for water quality improvement interventions.
In early 2023, Aquaya will conduct a cross-sectional survey and water quality analysis in the Asutifi North district, Ghana. The activity is set to take three weeks and will measure:
Research assistants will conduct surveys and test physical-chemical parameters on site, while a separate team of lab assistants will test E. coli in a temporary field lab daily upon delivery of samples.
The research assistants will report to Aquaya’s Program Officer for the duration of the data collection. Quality control checks will be conducted by both Aquaya’s Program Officer and Program Assistant throughout the data collection to ensure high-quality work.
Research Assistant Primary Responsibilities
- Experience with field data collection using digital applications
- Working knowledge of ethics for conducting human subjects research
- Attention to detail
- Excellent record keeping
- Strong communication skills in English and Twi
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Experience with microbial and/or physical-chemical water quality testing
- Working knowledge of using GPS apps to locate places
- Being a field-based activity, it is expected that the research assistants will navigate field situations and difficulties such as long walks, difficult terrain, and changing weather, among others, where field transport means may not be able to reach.
- The research assistants will be paid at a competitive daily rate and a per diem for days worked.
- Education: Qualified
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
Herbal AgronomistEmployee | Full Time | 23 Mar, 2023JOB BYBusinessGhana Internet Service Ltd
Civil Engineer - AccraEmployee | Full Time | 23 Mar, 2023JOB BYBusinessGhana Internet Service Ltd
Digital MarketerEmployee | Full Time | 23 Mar, 2023JOB BYBusinessGhana Internet Service Ltd
Quantity Surveyor (Spintex)Employee | Full Time | 23 Mar, 2023JOB BYBusinessGhana Internet Service Ltd
Quality Control EngineerEmployee | Full Time | 23 Mar, 2023JOB BYBusinessGhana Internet Service Ltd
Client Service Officer (Loan Officer) - TwifoTemporary / Contract | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYJobsinGhana
Content Creator /Social Media Manager Role - Premier Bet GhanaEmployee | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYJobsinGhana
Software DeveloperTemporary / Contract | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYJobsinGhana
See all jobs