Job vacancy IT and Social Media Personnel
IT and Social Media Personnel
Reporting to Administrator General
- Oversee all technology operations (e.g. network security / data security /document management) and evaluate them according to established goals and company strategy;
- Ensure continuous optimum internet connectivity uptime;
- Devise, establish, monitor and report on I.T. policies and systems to support the implementation of Board and Management strategies;
- Manage all I.T. infrastructure (must have the experience in using Cyberoam Appliance Software);
- Manage all website content;
- Develop and manage all social media platforms and content regularly;
- Analyse the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs;
- Purchase efficient and cost effective technological equipment and software when approved;
- Regularly inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency;
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to management;
- Identify and propose new and cutting edge technologies to benefit and suit the company strategy;
- Ability to do mid-level researching for projects being worked on;
- Project coordination and project scouting;
- Ability and confidence to train a team on any aspects of technology;
- Experience in concise reporting to management.
- To generally carry out duties as may be expected in the post of the level of a Junior Associate of the Group including those detailed out below as “Duties as a Junior Associate”.
- To write reports and proposals under assigned project of the Group, and particularly to produce, either alone or in association with others, reports, proposals, concept notes, work plans and budgets, articles, and other documentations required by either Project Coordinators or Project Managers for planning, organizing, controlling and evaluating the operations of projects.
- To work conscientiously within team(s), and to portray good attitude, respect, and acceptable professional conducts expected of a Junior Associate of the Group.
- To at all times exercise respect and empathy to all clients and stakeholders of the organization.
- You understand that as the Information Technology staff you report to the Administrator General and that you will manage and provide hardware and software maintenance, training and consultation, and recommendations about future planning and development of resources.
- You agree to provide these services in an effective and efficient manner to ensure maximum access to and implementation of technology services and resources.
- You will manage information technology and computer systems with the following main activities;
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP)
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development
- Meet with the Administrator General and the Executive Director to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
- Make recommendation for hiring and manage information systems personnel and contractors to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems
- Control the computer systems budgets and expenditure
- You will ensure that technology is accessible and equipped with current hardware and software with the following main activities;
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network operating system
- Be familiar with all hardware and software
- Be familiar with network operating system
- Provide orientation to new users of existing technology
- Train staff about potential uses of existing technology
- Train staff about new and potential use
- Provide individual training and support on request
- Provide recommendations about accessing information and support
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources
- You will monitor and maintain technology to ensure maximum access with the following main activities
- Troubleshoot all technology issues
- Maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance
- Make recommendations about purchase of technology resources
- Research current and potential resources and services
- Provide network access to all staff and students
- Install work stations
- Connect and set up hardware
- Load all required software
- Provide network accounts and passwords as required
- Monitor security of all technology
- Install and maintain Foolproof and passwords
- Input and maintain IP addresses
- Advise staff of security breach and/or change in password or security status
- Ensure installation of lockout programs
- Identify and prepare hardware for disposal when appropriate
- Ensure hardware is stripped and secured before disposal
- You will share the responsibility for all the corporate branding needs of the Group.
- You understand that as the Corporate Branding staff you reports to the Administrator General and in this role,
- You understand that identity is important for any of the Group’s services in today's competitive marketplace.
- You will be concerned with creating a lasting impression among the Group’s clients and improving the Group’s services sales and market share.
- You will monitor market trends and advertising and marketing activities to ensure the right message is delivered for the Group’s services.
- You will work closely with teams, including project teams, legal teams, researchers, marketing personnel and creative agencies to make sure that the Group’s brand values and image are followed.
Experience & Skills
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in a similar role, work in a corporate environment or other relevant post qualification experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong ability to be dynamic in learning on the job and working in all departments on roles beyond I.T.
- Excellent ability to write and communicate clearly and synthesize meetings, reports, briefing papers as and when needed.
- Must be ready and willing to work the typical 8am-5pm work schedule, weekends and away from his/her base, if need be
- Must be ready and willing to be mentored.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft packages and Database systems.
- A team player, ability to multitask and work in cross-functional fast-paced environment with the pressure of multiple deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to travel, as required.
- Demonstrate ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Must have minimum a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology;
Remuneration: GHS 18,000- 24,000 gross, per annum
How to Apply
Apply for this job
We are glad to hear your comments about IT and Social Media Personnel job vacancy:
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs