Job vacancy Communications and Knowledge Management Advisor
Communications and Knowledge Management Advisor
JSI seeks to recruit a Communications and Knowledge Management Advisor
Reports to: Senior Strategic Information Advisor
This is a full-time position that will be based in Takoradi, Ghana. The Communications and Knowledge Management Advisor Specialist is responsible to help define the behavior change component of the project within the overall program scope, and will develop strategies to promote appropriate changes in the enabling environment. S/he will work with program staff and partners, as well as short-term consultants, to develop the strategies to empower individuals and communities to practice positive behaviors by improving their knowledge, attitudes, skills and norms about key practices and promoting change. S/he will also be responsible for the learning and knowledge management of the Project whilst overseeing the development and implementation of the communications strategy. The Communications and Knowledge Management Advisor, reports to the Snr. SI Advisor. S/he will also supervise The Strategic Behavioral and Communications (SBCC) Officer.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead in defining the behavior change communication component of the project within the overall program scope, and will strategize and promote appropriate changes in the enabling environment.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance in developing and promoting strategies for Communications and Knowledge management related to HIV treatment and care, and adherence and retention support for PLHIVs and key populations;
- Drive strategic branding of the program to promote program visibility and impact;
- Keep program team updated on key news, events and information of relevance to the program
- Organize events and workshops;
- Review and edit reports, training and marketing materials, press releases and other documents as may be required
- Work with stakeholders, including partnering NGOs and CSOs, to coordinate the development of cohesive SBCC strategies.
- Develop training curricula and other learning resources;
- Advises on Communications and Knowledge management strategy as it relates to policy, advocacy, leadership, governance and service delivery;
- Oversee the development of culturally sensitive SBCC messages, program and materials that will be used by project staff and partners;
- Provide technical assistance in the areas of strategic communication and other behavior-center approaches;
- Manage the programs’ social media activities
- Create internal document templates;
- Identify and develop storylines for publications and substantive articles to be published on web and in other media;
- Develop and maintain a resource library as well as the public folder;
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor or the Chief of Party.
Required Skills or Experience
- Master's degree in Communications, Journalism, Knowledge Management or related field.
- Minimum of 6-10 years of increasingly responsible executing successful communication strategies.
- Extensive experience in social and behavior change communication/empowerment.
- Demonstrated experience providing capacity building support to CSOs and NGOs.
- Experience working with and supporting a wide range of HIV and AIDS projects and programs, such as combination prevention, and PMTCT.
- Experience in using Microsoft office package including word, excel and powerpoint.
- Ability to use internet/online applications and GIS products will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English language.
- Sound experience in effectively using different communications media including social media
- Experience working with USAID Missions, host country governments, USG health agencies and / or USAID partner organizations desirable.
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills as well as strong public presentation skills, including the ability to represent the project to key stakeholders.
- Experience working with USAID/PEPFAR highly desirable
Apply for this Job
We are glad to hear your comments about Communications and Knowledge Management Advisor job vacancy:
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 4 Oct, 2019JOB BYXyCareers Ghana
- Employee | Full Time | 18 Sep, 2019JOB BYXyCareers Ghana
See all jobs