Job vacancy Emergency Medical Technician
Emergency Medical Technician
- To provide emergency response to critically ill patients and to transport patients to the relevant emergency medical facility.
- To transport and to attend to patients within the care of the Clinic
- Constantly assessing the patient enroute to the emergency facility and administer additional care as indicated by the medical team.
- Report verbally and in writing observation of the patient at the emergency scene and in transit to the receiving medical facility staff for the purpose of records and diagnostics.
- Ensure that the ambulance and its equipment and consumables stock is in operational readiness at all times and to report any defects immediately to the Clinic Matron.
- Work in accordance with the Health & Safety rules liaising properly with the health personnel on the ambulance.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all conversations and information heard during transport assignments.
- Clean all equipment by following the standard disinfecting procedures.
Qualification Required & Experience
Education: Emergency Medical Technician Certification from the National Ambulance Service or any other recognized institution.
Experience: Minimum of two years in a related job.
Driver’s License: Must possess a valid Ghanaian driver’s license C and above
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Professional Demeanor
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong communication skills
- Courteous Attitude
- Understanding of medical terminology and calculations
- Should be attentive and available on immediate call basis at any time including weekends.
- Must be able to lift the stretcher with the patient and seeing that the patient and stretcher are properly secured.
- Assist in lifting the patient out of the ambulance and into the receiving medical facility.
- Daily recording in the ambulance movement log book
- Daily Incident Reports
- Monthly Report
Apply for this Job
We are glad to hear your comments about Emergency Medical Technician job vacancy:
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 15 Oct, 2019JOB BYXyCareers Ghana
See all jobs