Job vacancy Phone Interviewers
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a United States-based non-profit organization dedicated to discovering, and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA designs, rigorously evaluates, and refines these solutions and their applications together with decision-makers to ensure that the evidence created is used to improve opportunities for the world’s poor.
Reports to: Team Leader
Duration: One month
Job Code: CA-GEP-09062019
IPA in partnership with researchers from Northwestern University in the USA is conducting a follow-up survey on an RCT on the research project “Gender and Educational Perceptions” (GEP). The GEP study seeks to investigate whether providing information about potential abilities and returns to math education in terms of labor market opportunities and benefits to family well-being affect household educational investments for girls. Additionally, the study is interested in understanding if there is a demand from parents or guardians on receiving additional information about math/math-related subjects or programs in secondary school. IPA will be conducting the follow-up survey in October/November 2019.
IPA would like to recruit Phone Interviewers to form part of the GEP project team.
The selected candidates will conduct interviews with parents and guardians of research participants over the telephone from a central location in Accra. Specifically, s/he will:
- Make telephone contact with assigned parents and guardians of research participants and determine their eligibility for the GEP Follow-up survey;
- Maintain a clear and complete record of all contact attempts of all assigned parents and guardians.
- Ensures that surveys are administered in an ethical, honest, and rigorous manner;
- Adheres to all other IPA survey protocols.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned to him/her.
Required Skills or Experience
The Phone Interviewer must satisfy the following requirements:
- A University degree in Social Science, Statistics, Economics or in any related field;
- Experience in IPA survey activities and phone interviewing in particular;
- Experience in working with Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing (CAPI);
- Minimum of three months experience as a telephone interviewer on a school-based or household research project;
- Strong attention to detail is imperative;
- Ability to record data accurately is critical;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to communicate a friendly demeanor and build trust with study participants;
- Must be able to fluently communicate in English and at least two of the following local languages: Akan /Twi, Anufo/Chokosi, Baasare, Bimoba (Moar), Bissa / Busanga, Dagbani, Ga/Dangme, Ewe, Frafra/Gruni, Hausa, Konkomba, Kusasi / Mamprusi, Wali / Dagaari, Sissala and Bulsa/Builsa. Please note that language test will be conducted.
Apply for this Job
We are glad to hear your comments about Phone Interviewers job vacancy:
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs