Job vacancy Physical Education Teacher
Physical Education Teacher
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
International Community School Ghana is a world-class institution providing students with an inclusive holistic and international education needed to succeed in college/university and become patriotic leaders.
We educate confident, responsible and engaged learners from pre-school through to high school. Our students take the Cambridge International Exams, IGCSE and the AS/A Level Exams.
We are looking to recruit a Physical Education Teacher with a minimum of three years ‘working experience in planning and teaching Physical Education at our Kumasi Main campus.
- The well-trained and experienced Physical Education (P.E) teacher will plan, organize, deliver lessons and use appropriate skills and techniques of differentiation consistent with the physical education curriculum of the students’ grade level.
- He/She will teach, assess students’ work and guide them towards achieving appropriate qualifications according to the Cambridge IGCSE syllabus or other syllabus agreed with the school.
- The teacher will establish effective rapport with students, motivate them to develop skills, attitudes and the knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for further education in accordance with each student’s ability.
- Develop lesson plans, adapt curriculum to meet individual student needs, and utilize effective teaching techniques in translating lesson plans into productive student learning experiences which best utilize the time available for instruction.
- Analyzes, demonstrates and explains basic skills, knowledge and strategies of formal sports, games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Maintain classroom organization and discipline.
- Provide and maintain a safe and supervised environment in the classroom and on the school grounds.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and field areas to ensure the overall safety of
- Devise and utilize techniques which accurately measure student progress.
- Evaluate student’s academic and personal growth keeping appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
Essential: Bachelor qualification in Physical Education.
Desirable: Master's Degree qualification in Physical Education
Experience & Skills
- Successful teaching experience with Primary and Senior Secondary School age groups.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and challenge students
- Ability to plan and teach well-structured lessons which achieve outcomes which are at least good and are often outstanding.
- Ability to work closely with a team of teaching colleagues in your department prepare, resource and teach your subject
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and colleagues showing respect for others and professionalism at all times.
- Recent and relevant experience of teaching students Physical Education.
- A record of successful achievement in teaching the Cambridge syllabus.
Essential: Established and evidenced practice as a good/outstanding teacher.
Desirable: Evidence willingness to participate actively in the life and work of the school
School/Campus: Kumasi Main Campus
Apply for this Job
We are glad to hear your comments about Physical Education Teacher job vacancy:
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 21 Nov, 2019JOB BYBusinessGhana
See all jobs