Job vacancy M & E Specialist
View all 465 Jobs
M & E Specialist
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. Our mission around the world is to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice. Our Core Values describe who we are, what we do, and how we do it.TransformationWe believe in urgent action, innovation, and the necessity of transformation – within the world and our own organization.IntegrityWe are accountable to the people and partners we humbly serve, transparently sharing our results, stories and lessons.DiversityWe know that by embracing differences, actively including a variety of voices, and joining together we can solve the world’s most complex problems.EqualityWe believe in the equal value of every human being and the importance of respecting and honoring each individual; we know that change happens through people.ExcellenceWe challenge ourselves to the highest levels of learning and performance, tapping the best of human spirit to create impact.
Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere, Inc. doing business as CARE International in Ghana (“CARE”) is seeking qualified candidates for a role as M & E Specialist – Northern Ghana Governance Activity. (NGGA) Project.
The full-time position will be based in Tamale, and requires extensive travel to operational districts throughout northern Ghana.
The Northern Ghana Governance Activity aims to increase the capacity of Ghana’s decentralized agricultural structures at the regional and district levels, improve their accountability and performance efficiency, build community consensus, and strengthen civil society’s demand for better service delivery in agriculture in partnership with the private sector. The Northern Ghana Governance Activity also proposes to enable government and civil society to more effectively mitigate conflicts related to agriculture and natural resource management. It covers 26 target Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDA) in the three regions of Northern Ghana.
It is a five year initiative funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in Ghana. The partners of the project are CARE International, ActionAid Ghana, SEND Ghana and the West Africa Network for Peace-building (WANEP-Ghana). The consortium is led by CARE International in Ghana. The goal of the Northern Ghana Governance Activity is to ensure strengthened responsive governance for improved agriculture development in Ghana. The intervention is targeted to directly support the USAID/Ghana Country Development and Co-operative Strategy (2013 - 2017).
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist, is a Key Personnel position on the NGG Activity. Reporting directly to the Chief of Party (COP), the M&E Specialist is responsible for implementing and managing M&E activities, and coordinating the work of regional M&E officers. S/he will lead the development of M&E plans; coordinate implementation of approved M&E activities; supervise and monitor the work of regional M&E officers; lead evaluations and impact studies; closely monitor activities to ensure adherence to high data quality standards; perform rigorous analysis of M&E processes, reports and results; and ensure accurately and timely reporting of data with full analysis and interpretation of results.
The M&E Specialist is responsible for preparing data and reports for the donor; CARE Ghana; NGG Activity coordinating partners, and the project’s COP. The M&E Specialist is also responsible maintaining data, and coordinating closely with the Knowledge Management and Learning Coordinator (KMLC) and Communications and Media Relations Specialist (CMRS), to develop content related to NGG Activity impact and results for dissemination to diverse stakeholders.
Key areas of responsibility of the M & E Specialist will include:
- A minimum qualification of Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Natural Resource Management , Agricultural Science, Computer Science/Statistics/Information Management and other discipline relevant to rural development, Agriculture, Gender.
- At least five or more years of experience in M&E on donor funded projects.
- Five or more years of experience on governance related project, part of which should have been obtained working on the development and implementation of civil society led accountability programs.
- Proven experience with survey research, responsibility for research methods, program evaluation, qualitative and quantitative statistical sampling, information analysis, research techniques, and methodologies and report writing.
- Demonstrated experience developing M&E Strategies and Work Plans.
- Proven leadership, management and supervisory skills, overseeing M&E activities and coordinating M&E staff.
- Extensive experience conducting research; analyzing data; and preparing reports of findings.
- Experience producing reports for a wide range of stakeholders.
- Extensive hands-on experience developing survey methods, instruments and contributing to the design of M&E MIS.
- Strong knowledge of approaches to M&E and DQA.
- Experience should include database management, and good knowledge in the use of Microsoft tools and familiarity with mobile data applications software (Kobo collect or ODK) will be an added advantage.
- Prior experience with the USAID and familiarity with the principles of development assistance will be useful.
- A good knowledge in Gender Equity and climate change rural livelihoods and partnerships.
- Adherence to CARE’s core values and competencies.
- Excellent professionalism, relationship building and communication skills.
- Education: Master’s Degree
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Temporary / Contract | Full Time | 6 May, 2020JOB BYJobsinGhana
See all jobs