View all 822 Jobs
Job vacancy Social and Behaviour Change Communication Specialist
View all 822 Jobs
Social and Behaviour Change Communication Specialist
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. Our mission around the world is to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice.Our Core Values describe who we are, what we do, and how we do it.TransformationWe believe in urgent action, innovation, and the necessity of transformation – within the world and our own organization.IntegrityWe are accountable to the people and partners we humbly serve, transparently sharing our results, stories and lessons.DiversityWe know that by embracing differences, actively including a variety of voices, and joining together we can solve the world’s most complex problems.EqualityWe believe in the equal value of every human being and the importance of respecting and honoring each individual; we know that change happens through people.ExcellenceWe challenge ourselves to the highest levels of learning and performance, tapping the best of human spirit to create impact.
Social and Behaviour Change Communication Specialist – CARE INTERNATIONAL IN GHANACooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere, Inc. doing business as CARE International in Ghana (“CARE”) is seeking qualified candidates for a role as Social and Behaviour Change Communication Specialist . The full-time position will be based in Sunyani and will require frequent travel to Western North, Ashanti and Bono Regions.
The Social and Behavioural Change Communication (SBCC) Specialist will be responsible for providing overall technical assistance for the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of SBCC strategies as well as building the capacity of project team and the frontline staff in SBCC. S/he will ensure the utilization of best practices and global learning to inform the development of effective SBCC strategies, frameworks, tools, materials)) for Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) in the COVID-19 Stop the spread Project.
The Social and Behavioral Change Communication Specialist will also lead the Project team’s efforts in Partnerships. This work will entail support to partners with whom the project has joint plans to incorporate RCCE SBC interventions in their COVID-19 response programs, develop and SBC strategic plans.
Key areas of responsibility of the Social and Behaviour Change Specialist will include:
- A minimum qualification of Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Social or Behavioral Sciences, Public Relations, Public Health, or related fields;
- At least 5 years of SBCC-specific experience in designing, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of SBCC strategies and materials as well as related training;
- Experienced in pre-testing and concept testing SBCC approaches and content;
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to lead a stream of work;
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as in cooperation with a multi-cultural team;
- Ability to think creatively
- Relevant Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Office
- Demonstrated leadership ability to inspire and empower others;
- Excellent Stakeholder engagement and management
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs