View all 822 Jobs
Job vacancy M & E Specialist
View all 822 Jobs
M & E Specialist
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. Our mission around the world is to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice.Our Core Values describe who we are, what we do, and how we do it.TransformationWe believe in urgent action, innovation, and the necessity of transformation – within the world and our own organization.IntegrityWe are accountable to the people and partners we humbly serve, transparently sharing our results, stories and lessons.DiversityWe know that by embracing differences, actively including a variety of voices, and joining together we can solve the world’s most complex problems.EqualityWe believe in the equal value of every human being and the importance of respecting and honoring each individual; we know that change happens through people.ExcellenceWe challenge ourselves to the highest levels of learning and performance, tapping the best of human spirit to create impact.
M & E Specialist – CARE INTERNATIONAL IN GHANACooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere, Inc. doing business as CARE International in Ghana (“CARE”) is seeking qualified candidates for a role as M & E Specialist. The full-time position will be based in Sunyani and will require frequent travel to Western North, Ashanti and Bono Regions.
The M& E Specialist is responsible for designing Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plans including indicators, analysis, monitoring, and learning in accordance with project document. S/He will work with the Project Manager to establish sound reflective practices as a basis for the advancement of project objectives. The M&E officer will supervise and coordinate data collection activities at both community and district levels and provide technical backstopping. S/He will build capacity of field teams to monitor project implementation and measure any changes and lessons in the project operational areas.
Key areas of responsibility of the M & E Specialist will include:
- Minimum degree of BA./BSc in Social Sciences, Natural Resource Management , Development Studies, Public Health, Gender Programming, Computer Science/Statistics/Information Management and other discipline relevant to rural development. MA/MSc or Postgraduate/specialized training in project planning and monitoring/evaluation will be an added advantage.
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in development projects preferably emergency, health or gender projects, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge in Emergency Response programming and using virtual tools for data collection.
- Experience in M & E development, quality improvement experience preferably with an International NGO.
- Excellent Knowledge in Emergency response programming, logframes, project baselines, evaluations;
- Proven experience in M & E capacity assessments and development plans
- Proven Capacity in using online data collection tools and data analysis software
- Strong facilitation skills, training and coaching skills
- Excellent Written and verbal communication in English Language;
- Demonstrated leadership ability to inspire and empower others;
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, SPSS, MS Project
- Ability to build and work in a team, Good interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent Stakeholder engagement and management
- Education: BA/BSc
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs