View all 544 Jobs
Job vacancy Human Resources Recruiter
View all 544 Jobs
Human Resources Recruiter
Deloitte Consulting is implementing the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) West Africa Energy Program (WAEP), a four-year Power Africa project to expand supply of and access to affordable and reliable grid-connected electricity services in West Africa through a range of technical assistance, capacity building, and transactional support. WAEP brings together technical and legal experts, the private sector, and governments from around the world to work in partnership to increase the number of people with access to power in Africa with the goal of advancing development priorities including inclusive economic growth, security, and improved health and education outcomes.
Deloitte is seeking an experienced, full-time Human Resources Recruiter based in Accra, Ghana to lead the project’s talent acquisition process, including recruitment of short-term consultants and long-term employees in the Ghanaian, West African, and international job markets. The Recruiter will report to the project’s Deputy Chief of Party and will work closely with the entire project team to identify recruiting needs and evaluate candidates. The ideal candidate will be professionally proficient in both French and English and will have a minimum of three years of experience in human resources recruiting.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with the project team to identify recruitment needs on a regular schedule (ie. on a quarterly and annual basis) and on an ad hoc basis as needs arise
- Coordinate development of job descriptions, terms of reference, and scopes of work for new positions, including drafting content and collecting input from other team members
- Prepare job adverts, coordinate posting of adverts through appropriate distribution channels, and proactively and creatively source candidates through formal and informal recruitment activities
- Advise and assist the project team in leveraging their professional networks to source high-quality candidates
- Conduct initial screenings of job applicants, facilitate review of shortlisted applications by project leadership, schedule and coordinate interviews, and serve as the main point of contact for job applicants
- Determine the appropriate hiring instrument (short-term contract, direct employment by Deloitte, employment through a WAEP subcontractor, etc.) based on project needs and candidate profile
- Once a candidate has been identified for a role, hand over the process to the appropriate Deloitte back office team and/or WAEP subcontractor. Continue to liaise with the relevant parties as needed to facilitate the hiring/contracting process, support salary negotiation, etc. until the hiring/contracting is completed
- Maintain an up-to-date tracker of recruitment needs and status, a database of subject matter experts and consultants in relevant fields, and other organizational tools as needed
- Serve as an expert on USAID, national, and project policies regarding recruitment, hiring, compensation, etc. Oversee the project’s compliance with such policies and propose solutions to maintain compliance. Develop and deliver trainings to the project team on these topics as needed.
- Support the Deputy Chief of Party and the Office Manager with other human resources activities as required, such as onboarding new team members, coordinating professional development opportunities, defining and implementing performance management procedures, collecting and analyzing human resource data to improve organizational performance, maintaining project policy manuals, and facilitating annual conflict of interest checks.
- Operate with the highest integrity and trustworthiness, including handling sensitive and/or confidential information responsibly and with respect
This position will be based in Accra, Ghana and will report to the Deputy Chief of Party. Limited travel within West Africa may be required.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labour Relations, Labour Law and BusinessAdministration or equivalent
- Minimum of three years of experience in human resources and/or recruiting. Additional experience preferred.
- Written and oral proficiency in French and English (ie. ability to evaluate job applications, coordinate interviews, and communicate with job applicants in both languages)
- Knowledge of Ghanaian labour law
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, including an enthusiasm for developing and implementing systems, tools, and processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness of recruitment processes
- Ability to “manage up,” navigate ambiguity, and excel in a fast-paced, deadline driven organization
- Proven ability to proactively plan, prioritize, execute, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and presentation skills, including experience working in cross-cultural environments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience in human resources and/or recruiting on USAID projects, other international donor programs, or for international companies
- Existing professional network within the energy sector in West Africa
- Knowledge of labour law in Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire, Guinea, and/or other countries in West Africa
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Temporary / Contract | Full Time | 25 Oct, 2020JOB BYJobsinGhana
See all jobs