Dimensions of Role:
- The post holder will actively champion and contribute to Plan International’s gender transformative programming and inclusion policies through capacity building of staff and partners at all levels;
- Postholder lead aspects of Plan International Ghana’s country strategy development and implementation; research, advocacy, and influencing work, and to provide technical support to effectively integrate gender equality and inclusion into Plan International Ghana’s programmes and projects.
Gender Transformative and Inclusion Analyses and Programming:
- Lead the delivery of robust gender equality assessments to refine and validate all Plan International Ghana’s Country strategies, programmes, annual plans, and projects to deliver gender transformative and inclusive programming and results. Strong analytical skill, especially in the application of ‘Gender Transformative Marker’ and understanding of project cycle management empowerment are essential to provide relevant technical guidance.
- Support and coordinate Plan International Ghana’s gender equality advocacy and influencing agenda which combines high quality programmes and bold, credible influencing to catalyse large-scale transformative change for children, especially girls and young women.
- Lead and Coordinate the implementation Plan International’s Girls Get Equal Campaigns at relevant levels, including sub-regional, national and local levels.
- Lead the periodic Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI&I) Self-Assessment at Country level; and support country management team (CMT) to implement and monitor same;
- Roll out Plan International’s Planting Gender Equality 2.0 (or its updated version) at the country, field and partner levels;
- Ensure Plan International staff and key partners have the tools, skills and capacities to fulfil core gender equality and transformative standards relevant to the needs of the beneficiaries and operating context. This includes providing training, mentorship and ongoing capacity development for staff and partners.
- Contribute to regular project narrative reports and communication materials in a timely manner, ensuring that implementation of gender transformative programming is clearly articulated and supported with high quality data, results and lessons.
- Work with program staff and technical advisors to identify the technical support needs of the project and ensure this support is provided.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualification Required & Experience
- A Master’s degree in Gender Studies, Development Studies/Planning, Sociology
- Ideally minimum of 5 years solid experience in gender issues in the NGO / voluntary sector
- Experience of developing and implementing Gender strategies
- Experience in advocacy and Influencing
- Understanding of the Convention of the Rights of the child (CRC), Convention for the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and other human rights instruments
- Good knowledge of women rights issues at country level and globally, and instruments
- Good knowledge of children rights, the CRC and other relating right instruments ,
- Knowledge and Understanding of the links between gender equality and children rights
Knowledge of Gender analysis programme frameworks and their applications to child rights programming
- Good training and presentation skills
- Technical and research skills in gender equality with a focus on girls human rights
- Good gender analysis skills
- Ability to provide guidance to research and policy development
- Good English, written and verbal skills
- Ability to build internal and external networks
- Good organizational and project management skills
- Promotes innovation and learning
- Communicates effectively and enthusiastically
- Behaves consistently in his/her approach to work and decision-making