Job vacancy Director of Internal Audit
Director of Internal Audit
The Cape Coast Technical University was converted from a Polytechnic to a Technical University by an Act of Parliament establishing Technical Universities in Ghana.The University is mandated by the Technical Universities Act. 2016 (Act 922), to provide higher education in Engineering, Science and Technology based disciplines, Technical and Vocational Education and Training, Applied Arts and related disciplines.The university is a leading Technical University that offers high-quality career-oriented programmes for national development.
The governing council of cape coast technical university announces the executive search for hardworking, resourceful and visionary persons for the following position:
The Director of Internal Audit shall be:
Terms of appointment
- The Person
- He/She must:
- Be a Chartered Accountant and hold a research Master's degree in a relevant field.
- Have at least twelve (12) years post-professional accountancy/auditing working experience in a tertiary Institution, industry or any relevant public service or corporate organisation.
- Have served at least a Deputy Internal Auditor in a university or comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation for at least four (4) years.
- Be of good character and demonstrate personal Integrity.
- Be a servant leader and be able to plan, organise, Implement, and administratively manage all activities related to the Internal Audit Directorate.
- Be able to provide sound advice to the Vice Chancellor and the Governing Council on compliance with laid-down internal control systems and any statutory requirements.
- Have extensive knowledge of the university's financial policies, procedures, controls and processes, and best auditing and finance practices.
- Have experience with a university's accounting, finance and auditing software and records management in a manner that is consistent with the University's mission and objectives.
- Be able to exhibit the highest professional and ethical standards in the oversight of university's accounting records and financial transactions.
- Possess excellent relational, communications and administrative skills in the supervision of staff in the Internal Audit Directorate.
- Be able to align the objectives of the Internal Audit Directorate with the mission and vision of the university and develop an implementation strategy to achieve same.
- Have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and commitment to outstanding university Internal or external audit management
- Have extensive experience in compliance with finance, accounting and audit regulations preferably in a university environment.
- Be able to effectively communicate with staff and external agencies.
- Be able to work with and influence others to achieve operational requirements in the directorate.
- Be able to provide clear, practical and accurate advice to staff at all levels in the Internal Audit Directorate on financial and auditing procedures and requirements.
- Be able to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Education: Master's Degree
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Temporary / Contract | Full Time | 9 Jul, 2019WORK ATYefulkay Professional Training & Business Services
See all jobs