Job vacancy Vice Principal
The Governing Council of Enchi College of Education announces the search for a dynamic, innovative, research and business-oriented person with proven academic and administrative abilities to be appointed as Vice Principal of Enchi College of Education. The successful applicant shall be expected to assume duty by September 1, 2019.
The College has a student population of over 1072 and staff strength of 84. It has the vision of developing into a national centre of excellence in teacher preparation. Currently, the College offers the Diploma in Basic Education programme (General and French) and the Bachelor of Education programme in the following subjects:
The Vice Principal is the Deputy Academic and Administrative Head of the College. He/She is responsible for assisting the Principal in organising and conducting the academic, financial and administrative business of the College in accordance with the College of Education Act, the Harmonised Statutes for Colleges of Education, the decisions of Council and the Academic Board as well as other national laws and regulations. He/She also assists the Principal in maintaining and promoting efficiency in the College.
Tenure of Office:
Conditions of Service
- As a College with the mission of preparing competent and reflective professional teachers for basic schools, Enchi College of Education seeks a Vice Principal with outstanding and distinguished academic and administrative record.
- Specifically, the applicants must:
- Be at least a Senior Tutor in a College of Education or a Deputy Director in the Ghana Education Service or a Senior Lecturer in a Teacher Education University
- Have a minimum of a Research Master's Degree in Education. A Ph.D. degree in Education will be an added advantage.
- Have at least seven (7) years administrative experience at the tertiary level of education, with good knowledge and understanding of the challenges facing the Colleges of Education in particular and tertiary education in Ghana in general.
- Be a distinguished master teacher and scholar in Teaching and Learning
- Exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership and organisational skills, with a capacity to motivate and direct staff.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with capacity to manage and control crisis situation.
- Be sober, mature and with a drive for sound and impartial judgement.
- Have a good character and high degree of personal and professional integrity.
- Show evidence of publications in a relevant peer-reviewed journal(s), books and conference proceedings.
- Education: Master's Degree
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Temporary / Contract | Full Time | 9 Jul, 2019WORK ATYefulkay Professional Training & Business Services
See all jobs