Job vacancy Principal IT Officer
Principal IT Officer
Systems Administrator with Database Administration Skills
Following the approval given by the Public Service Commission to recruit an IT professional to beef up the IT capacity of the Food and Drugs Authority, the FDA is inviting applications from competent and qualified applicants from outside the institution for the above position.
Available Vacancy - A (1)
Job Title: Principal IT Officer
Job Purpose: To provide leadership and operational support for the FDA's IT infrastructure, to enable staff carry out their roles efficiently, productively and securely.
Duties and Responsibilities
monitor database backup and recovery.
- Bachelor's Degree in Humanities, Sciences or related field
- Master's Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years work-related experience in the following areas:My SQL, SQL Server, Postgrel SQL, etc
- Microsoft Windows installation, configuration and its management
- Open Source installation, configuration especially DNS servers, IP-table configuration, etc
- Active Directory installation, configuration and its management
- Computer networking t.e. TCP/IP, Cisco switches and routers
- Relational Database (e.g. Oracle, SQL server, etc.)
- Microsoft Operating System - server 2008 or higher
- Open Source Operating System - Centos 6.0 or higher
- Education: Master's Degree
Apply for this Job
We are glad to hear your comments about Principal IT Officer job vacancy:
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs