View all 429 Jobs
Job vacancy Human Resource Co-ordinator
View all 429 Jobs
BBC Industrials Company Limited
Human Resource Co-ordinator
Job Title: Human Resource Co-ordinator
No. of Positions: One (1)
Sector: Manufacturing, Human Resources, Administration, & Operations
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Head of Human Resources & Administration
Location: Tema, Ghana
BBC Industrials Company Limited, a leading paint manufacturing company in the country is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the position of Human Resource Co-ordinator.
Role Profile - Reporting to the Head of Human Resources & Administration, the overall purpose of the position is to coordinate and contribute to the attainment of the overall strategic business manpower direction and objectives through effective leadership and management of the HR functions of the company.
The role requires developing Human Resource techniques from an operational and strategic perspective. The incumbent will co-ordinate HR operations, ensuring that the HR function is aligned and deliver sound and cost-effective people management practices through continuous improvement and prioritization. The position holder will provide practical, consistent, and proactive support, direction and advice to HR Officers/People Managers and all staff on HR policies, systems procedures and best practices.
- Guides and supports HR personnel in day to day human resource activities.
- Plans and coordinate the company’s entire human resource cycle.
- Recommends to the Head of Human Resources and Administration, personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, terminations, and disciplinary actions including performance improvement plans;
- Recommends principles on how to motivate, attract and retain talented staff.
- Ensures new job positions are graded appropriately.
- Handles at first hand, employee grievances, disciplinary issues and other administrative problems according to the company’s policies, procedures and under the directives of the Head of HR and Administration.
- Ensure the company’s HR strategies, policies, procedures and guidelines are implemented and regularly updated based on the company’s procedures while ensuring compliance with best practices and standard internal laws.
- Ensures that all staff are kept informed of policies, procedures, internal laws and of any changes.
- Ensures consistent and uniform implementation of the HR systems, policy, procedures and techniques throughout the company branches/depots.
- Plans and coordinates the carrying out of periodic organizational, job and individual training and development needs analysis;
- Plans, maintain, update and coordinate mid-year and end-of-year performance appraisal and evaluation tools respectively to identify staff capacity gaps and succession planning systems.
- Identifies suitable courses / internal skill-exercises to meet the training and development needs of staff and the entire company and follow-up plans to see them through.
- Establishes and regularly review standard and generic job descriptions for all positions and ensures all posts have up to date job descriptions and employees holding the posts are given copies of the same.
- Coordinate a flawless implementation and utilization of the Company’s database management system.
- Coordinates the quarterly analyses of staff engagement, separation/attrition to inform regular planning and decision making.
- Provide direction in the annual HR planning process and prioritise activities for the HR department; reinforce HR reporting and planning by developing key performance indicators in order to develop an informed and accountable HR management cycle.
- Prepares promptly, quarterly reports on all HR functions and activities to be submitted to the Head of HR and Administration to inform management decision making.
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
The incumbent must demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly proficient MS Office skills, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Able to analyse and present information clearly and concisely.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Previous exposure to Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and project management prowess is desirable.
- Ability to handle high volume of activity and meet tight deadlines
- Professional approach to work
- Respect employee confidentiality
Education and experience
- At least a first degree in Human Resources Management / Business Management or a related field.
- At least three (3) years proven experience in a HR senior position, including high performance in the full range of human resource management activities (recruitment and selection, performance management, development, talent management, planning, employee relations etc.)
- Experience in project management related tasks and working in the manufacturing sector is an added advantage.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in Human Resource and Administration procedures and systems.
- Considerable knowledge in the Labour act of the land.
- Proven professional demeanour; able to present a professional image of the organisation at all times.
All applications should be accompanied with daytime telephone contacts and contact details of three referees.
Note that applications will be considered and reviewed on rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs