Our growing company has an opening for a full-time and a part-time, entry-level WordPress developer that will allow this person the luxury of working from both home and office. We are looking for a person at the beginning of his/her career who is willing to learn rapidly to ultimately make our team even better.
This person is responsible for building and modifying websites, landing pages, and HTML and will report directly to Senior Management. Responsibilities will include developing responsive websites, modifying existing HTML and CSS code, complete WordPress installs, and the ability to do visual design. The perfect candidate must be able to work professionally with other developers, designers, copywriters, and project managers.
• Ability to work without supervision
• Team player and being a person of integrity
• Attention to Detail, Self-Motivated, Creative Problem-Solving Skills
• Good time-management skills
• Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Computer Sciences or related field.
• Extensive knowledge and experience of building WordPress CMS websites using the best practice & de-facto standard plugins.
• Experience working with WordPress at a PHP code level:
• Knowledge of existing inbuilt WordPress functions.
• Customizing WordPress to support specific functionality.
• Creation of custom post types.
• Creation of plugins/widgets written to conform with WordPress coding standards.
• Creation of clean, logical, well-documented, and reusable code.
• Theme/template and plugin integration.
• Knowledge of WordPress Network (Multisite) required.
• Familiar with AWS LAMP Stack Configuration is a plus.
• Experience creating multilingual websites.
• Developing wire-frame mock-ups to illustrate possible solutions.
• Good understanding of cross-platform and cross-browser issues.
• Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications.
• Use of AJAX / Prototype / script.aculo.us is an advantage.
• Experience designing and developing responsive design websites.
• Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc. is an advantage.
• Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers.
• Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wire-frames into working HTML pages.
• Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial) is an advantage.
• Knowledge of different PHP frameworks, libraries, or any other technology relevant to WordPress Multisite.
• Strong understanding of PHP back-end development.
• Designing and building the website front-end.
• Creating the website architecture.
• Designing and managing the website back-end including database and server integration.
• Generating WordPress themes and plugins.
• Conducting website performance tests.
• Troubleshooting content issues.
• Conducting WordPress training with the client.
• Monitoring the performance of the live website.
• Providing timely resolution to reported problems with existing websites.
• Working closely with both the design and project resources to achieve the best possible results in web projects from conception right through to delivery.
• Ensuring all work adheres to current industry best practices.
• Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and able to work in a team environment.