View all 824 Jobs
Job vacancy Program Officer - Education (GHA)
View all 824 Jobs
Program Officer - Education (GHA)
We support children around the world to overcome barriers and access education so they can be a voice for change
Careers that empowers young dreamersWhen you make a decision to work with Children Believe, you’re not just doing something great for your career, you’re helping empower children around the world to access education, pursue their dreams and be a voice for change. We know there are lots of career options for talented, top performers like you, but not many offer the opportunity to help children live and dream fearlessly. We are currently recruiting for the following position: Program Officer - Education (GHA Office) Position SummaryThe Program Officer’s role will contribute to the achievement of program goals by facilitating program planning, implementation, coordination and reporting on Children Believe’s core program and other projects as may be assigned. Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Country Manager - Program, the position will be responsible for the day-to-day management of program deliverables and ensure efficient and timely delivery of the program activities. The Program Officer will ensure that program activities are aligned to approved plans and budgets. Assist in direct facilitation and training of partner program staff and foster collaborative working relationships with partner NGOs/INGOs, concerned government agencies, donors and sponsors as required. Facilitate information to the CMP for the coordination and submission of operational and strategic plans as well as progress reports. Play a collaborative role as part of the country team to achieve Children Believe’s strategic, Centre of Excellence (CoE) and Influence mandates. This is a field centric role and the position holder is expected to provide facilitative oversight and technical guidance over program related matters of Children Believe and all its current or future subsidiaries or affiliates (CO). Key Responsibilities
- Bachelor Degree in Education, Development Studies, Social Sciences or relevant field. Master’s degree in a relevant field is an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in rural development programming including project design, planning, budgeting, resourcing, risk management, implementation, networking and monitoring.
- Professional expertise in Education is essential preferably within the International NGO sector.
- Additional experience in other Children Believe focal areas is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in Results-Based Management (RBM) and participatory program development approaches in grant proposal development and donor reporting.
- Demonstrated professional experience working with senior-level management.
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to develop, motivate, monitor, and evaluate cross-functional project team members assigned to projects to meet tight deadlines.
- Discretion and sound reasoning in dealing with sensitive matters; ability to independently solve complex and challenging problems;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Proficient computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications.
- Highly skilled in networking & developing partnerships.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in English.
- Strategic and operational planning skills.
- Ability to travel extensively to program communities.
- Commitment to Children Believe’s Vision, Mission and Values.
- Core values & competencies:
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 6 Jan, 2021JOB BYJobsinGhana
Request for Quotation-Supply of Health Commodity Delivery Motor Tricycles and Rural Ambulance Moto-Tricycles and AccessoriesEmployee | Full Time | 17 Dec, 2020JOB BYJobsinGhana
See all jobs