View all 927 Jobs
Job vacancy Senior Associate, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning
View all 927 Jobs
Senior Associate, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning
The Senior Associate, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) is responsible for leading a participatory process with community members and landscape actors to co-create, and troubleshoot a hybrid community monitoring (HCM) system and
coordinating and carrying out M&E activities in Rainforest Alliance’s Landscapes & Livelihoods projects in Ghana. The Senior Associate M&E will support these projects by working with Rainforest Alliance staff, project partners, consultants and stakeholders to build and manage sound M&E systems that improve understanding of the local context and tracks the project implementations and outcomes of interventions over time.
This includes designing and evaluating implementation of project activities; training technical staff, project partners, and field consultants on M&E methods and tools; ensuring proper output and outcome indicator data collection, quality control, analysis, and management; and reporting on key findings. The position will also coordinate closely with other Rainforest Alliance units. The position is open to expand in time and geography depending on funding and development.
Commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in international development, Agriculture, Social Sciences, Economics, Natural Resources Management or related field;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar position, including minimum of 2 years of experience conducting project M&E activities including as Geographic Information Systems (GIS) officer for designing, delivery and impact assessments of programs and projects, and/or related studies;
- Experience in software programs including ArcGIS, QGIS, ERDAS Imagine, Global Mapper, ENVI, STATA, SPSS, KOBO Toolbox, CSPro, R. and computer Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher).
- Has hands-on experience in co-designing and implementation of cost-effective performance-based and community-based monitoring systems, and the collection, management, analysis and reporting of high-quality output and outcome indicator data;
- Experience advising and supervising field teams or consultants in the collection of field data on social, environmental and/or agronomic and/or socioeconomic indicators for performance assessment, and in the use of associated field methods and tools (household surveys, farm monitoring, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; with required fluency in English, and knowledge of French, a big plus;
- Demonstrated ability to build capacity for project M&E among project staff´, partners and key actors in local communities;
- Ability to travel locally and internationally at least 40% of the time.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 5 Mar, 2021JOB BYJobsinGhana
See all jobs