View all 988 Jobs
Job vacancy WASH Market Development and Finance Advisor
View all 988 Jobs
WASH Market Development and Finance Advisor
Who we areWe’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
This position will provide technical expertise on market development, including private sector engagement and capacity building, design of WASH products and service improvements, entrepreneurship, increasing access to finance for consumers and businesses, and insurance schemes for water systems. You will also ensure institutional engagement in support of private sector participation and represent the project on public-private sector issues at technical, policy and strategic planning meetings, including meetings with collaborators and donors.Your contribution
- What are we looking for?
- Advanced degree in engineering, water and sanitation, or a business-related field
- Minimum of 7 years of practical experience in facilitating private investment and partnerships in market systems, preferably in the water supply, sanitation or menstrual hygiene management sectors
- Sales and marketing experience and design of national strategies strongly valued
- Demonstrated track record of working with financial service providers, investors, private sector, and public private partnerships
- Experience directly working in, developing training tools, and coaching businesses and service providers, with demonstrated success helping business to increase their operational efficiency, customer satisfaction, and bottom line.
- Experience with human-centered design approaches strongly preferred
- Exceptional communication skills in written and spoken English; Dagbani preferred.
- Adaptive management and creative problem-solving skills essential.
- References will be required.
- This position is contingent upon funding.
- The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
- Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
- Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
- Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, in partners, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
- Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
- Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
- Education: Advanced Degree
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs